Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Austria Tomorrow!

I'm leaving for Austria tomorrow and I can't wait!!! It's going to an amazing 12 day trip, flying into Munich and taking the train to Saalfelden where the race is being held. I was in Austria a few years ago to race the World Cup in Schladming and it was one of the coolest places I have ever been.
Saalfelden

A Look at the XC course
 
A huge thank you to Sally at Sigvaris for these new compression socks! They will be a lifesaver for the overnight flight!
 
 


My last couple weeks have been busy, with a week long trip to Wisconsin for Trek World and the US Pro XCT Subaru Cup in Mt.Morris. I had never raced there before but it was a great course with lots of short, punchy climbs and some fun rock gardens. It was great to have a few Canadian teams (Team Quebec, 3 Rox) head down to do one last race before Worlds. I ended up with a 9th in the XC and 8th in the ST.

 

 
This past week I also had the chance to hook up with Andy from Trailburn.ca and he put together a great piece on me and my travels. Check it out Cayley Brooks- Globetrotter

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped me fundraise for my trip to Austria. Your generosity is very much appreciated! Thank you! If you would like to make a donation the website is www.indiegogo.com/cayleybrooks

No comments:

Post a Comment