Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mansfield Ontario Cup Numero Uno

Mansfield is where my love of mountain biking started, as a camper and then counsellor at the mountain bike summer camp. A lot of my summers were spent riding around the amazing trails there. A couple years ago Mansfield was closed for mountain biking, so now the only time to enjoy the trails are race weekends.
This weekend started off with Chico's Learn to Race clinic on Saturday morning. Amanda Sin and I got the chance to ride with a group of young riders and racers who wanted to work on their skills. I had a lot of fun riding the course with them and it was great to meet some new people.
Sunday was race day and although it was only around 12 degrees, it was sunny and way nicer than most years. I was happy with my race and am feeling strong and confident for the coming Ontario and Canada Cups.

The gurrrrls
I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Mason who stayed from his 9 o'clock race until my 1:30 race to cheer me on! And congratulations to him on his great result in his first race ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment